And I can hardly believe it! It's been an amazing week, to say the least. We've made some serious progress with breast feeding (thanks to our amazing lactation consultant) and I'm actually thinking this might end up working out for us. It's funny how many women say the same thing when they hear that I'm trying to breast feed--don't give up! They all say that things are rough for the first few weeks, but then everything just clicks and it's worth it. I'm really hoping I get to be one of those women some day! I'm so lucky to have such a loving and supportive husband who keeps cheering me on. I think Chris has heard more about boobs and milk in the last week than he ever wanted to know. My mom and Grammy went to the lactation consultant with me and they've been such a huge help.
We've had lots of visitors this week (and a clean house and full fridge to prove it). Everyone has wanted to come by and welcome Meredith to our family. I'm really excited to see what the next week brings. If it's anything like this one, we're in for something great. Meredith is a really good baby. She gets upset when her diaper is full, when she's cold and when she's hungry. Otherwise, she sleeps and makes the best faces and stretches her whole body out. We're having a photographer come to our house on Friday to take some newborn photos, so I'll post them as soon as we get them. Chris keeps adding pictures to his website (it seems like almost daily), so go check it out and see what's new with our beautiful baby girl! Thanks also to everyone who has been e-mailing, sending cards and calling. Your congratulations mean so much to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment