Monday, January 12, 2009

Daycare

This morning marked the beginning of the day I've been dreading for the past few weeks--my return to work and Meredith's first day at daycare. We got out of the house in plenty of time and Meredith did great with the changes to her morning routine. We went in to meet her teachers on Friday, so we already felt like we had an idea of what Monday would hold. After crying my whole way to work, I managed to survive the day. Thankfully, returning to work after being off for 13 weeks equals a very busy day, so I didn't have much time to be sad! Meredith had a tough time with her first bottle, but she did great with the other two. Papa came down to have dinner with us and help with Mia and Philly since Chris is out of town until tomorrow. Meredith has already had her bath and is sleeping as I write this. I'm just relieved today is over and I have the entire day tomorrow to enjoy my little princess! Thanks to everyone who sent us positive thoughts today and who offered such reassurance--it's what got me through the day!

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

I'm so glad you and Meredith both did okay :) Are you back at work part-time?