Friday, January 23, 2009

Crappy croupy week


As new parents, Chris and I have spent the last year learning all about new things that come along with having a baby. This week, we were introduced to the wonderful world of croup. Meredith started coming down with something on Sunday and our families told us that it sounded like croup. By Monday, she was spending lots of time with the booger sucker and was having a tough time. When we called the pediatrician, they told us to take her straight to the ER at Children's. Talk about a scary phone call! Luckily, after some steroids and "deep suction" (yep, it was as awful as it sounds for her poor little nose), she seemed to be better and we took her home so we could wait out this infection. She's had a rough week, complete with lots of stuffy noses, coughs and a lack-luster appetite. Thankfully, my parents were able to keep her while we were at work so we didn't have to take her out of the house. As of this morning, I'm happy to report that our happy little girl is back to about 90%. We've learned first-hand this week how awful you sleep when you have a sick baby because you're doing nothing all night but listening to her breathe. We've also learned that Meredith loves to stick her fists in her mouth and then in our mouths, so I'm sure next week's blog entry will be all about how Chris and I have terrible colds (and my parents too--she's been sharing that germy little fist!).

We've got some super exciting news too--Chris found out this afternoon that he passed his oral board exam. He's been studying like crazy for the last two months and went to Dallas last week to take the test. We're so, so proud of him and definitely relieved that this whole thing is over! This is a huge accomplishment and marks the last big test that he'll have to take (thank goodness!). Now I'll have to think of a way to celebrate this weekend!


Meredith is having her pictures taken again this weekend, so I hope I'll have some fun ones to post next week.

No comments: