Meredith had her two month checkup today with the pediatrician. She's doing great! She is 12 lbs., 0.5 oz and 24 inches long. Those numbers translate to 75th percentile for weight and 92nd percentile for height. Her head circumference was 65th percentile (yeah, tell me about it--I delivered that head!). She also got her two month shots. She did really well. I've been sick to my stomach about it for two days, but I feel much better now that it's behind us. We'll be hanging out tonight, taking Tylenol and celebrating Mimi's birthday. All in all, it was an excellent appointment and Meredith is taking a nap as I write this to recover from her busy day!
In other news, we think we may have officially joined the "sleeping through the night" club (yes, I know I'm probably jinxing myself, but I don't care--I'm on a high from all of the sleep I've been getting this week!). Mer has slept over seven hours every night this week. It's so exciting! She's also been doing great with naps. I have a bad habit of letting her take naps while I hold her (I mean, come on, is there anything better than a sleeping baby, especially when it's your sleeping baby?). I know when I go back to work, the people taking care of her probably won't be big fans of doing the same thing, so we've been working on taking naps in the crib or the pack and play. I'm happy to report my beautiful daughter took a two-hour nap in the pack and play by herself today. This is arguably a bigger accomplishment for me than for her, but I'm excited just the same. I will admit that Mia and I spent a lot of the nap either sitting in the room with her or listening intently to the baby monitor for the slightest sound that indicated Meredith wasn't happy. Baby steps, people, baby steps!
No comments:
Post a Comment