On Sunday, Mimi came over to visit. She took some really cute pictures of Meredith. These are a few of my favorites! Meredith has definitely figured out how her voice works this past week. If she's not sleeping, she's talking (many people have told me that she gets that from her mother!). She is keeping us entertained and she's making sure we return the favor--if you're not paying attention to her, she's figured out that she can get you to talk to her if she starts making noises. Meredith has also figured out that if she talks to Mia and Philly, they'll stand and look at her for a little longer. It's pretty funny to watch.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Christmas
This weekend, Meredith had her first Christmas party. Uncle Billy and Emily were in town, so we had dinner and a gift exchange at Mimi and Papa's house. Everyone had a great time! I think Meredith is a big fan of Christmas. It combines her favorite things: lights, noise, and her family! What could be better for a baby than being the center of attention for days on end?




Like everyone this time of year, we've got a busy week planned. We're heading to Grammy's for Christmas Eve and to Grandma Rooney's on Christmas Day. I think I had another one of those "yep, I'm a mom" moments the other day when I realized that I've been planning Meredith's Christmas outfits (yes, "outfits") for weeks now, but I have no idea what I'm going to wear. I had another one this morning when Mer pooped on me during an early morning diaper change and my first thought was, "Oh good, you didn't have a very good poo yesterday and this one was great!" Oh, how things have changed over the past 11 weeks! I wouldn't have it any other way! As we look back over the past few months, I know Chris and I are both so thankful for this precious baby and also for our wonderful family and friends. We hope everyone has a merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment