Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Take a Deep Breath

Most things with the term "baby" in front of them are cute. Baby humans...cute. Baby carrots...cute. Baby inhalers...not so cute. I speak from experience (every four hours experience, to be exact). Jack made his second trip to the ER on Sunday because he was wheezing and Daddy thought that wasn't a good idea. After two breathing treatments, they were both feeling much better. This has been a really nasty cold and even though the preliminary culture was negative, it's acting a lot like RSV. Jack and I headed to the pediatrician to follow up this morning and it turns out that, in addition to his bronchiolitis, he also has an ear infection and a new tooth (and a partridge in a pear tree). No wonder he didn't sleep last night! The pediatrician said that, until his lungs are able to get rid of some of the inflammation, we're supposed to do his inhaler every 4-6 hours and try to convince him that pink Amoxicillin is good stuff. I have no idea how such a happy, normally healthy little guy can have so much going on.

Not to be outdone, Meredith refused to sleep in her crib at naptime today (this is a major deal--Mere loves her crib). She has a double bed in her room next to her crib and it's been there for over a year. Today she decided it's her new bed and is currently napping in her "big bed". At least I'm already up with Jack at night, so it'll be no big deal when I have to go scoop Meredith up off the floor when she manages to squeeze out past the safety rails on her new bed!

No comments: