Tomorrow, the Mer-bear (as Daddy and I have nicknamed her--yeah, we've become those people) will be six weeks old. I can hardly believe it. Time really does fly! She's really starting to show us more of her personality. She has started smiling more and making all sorts of great noises when we talk to her. She has also discovered her hands. Sucking on her fist is her new favorite pasttime, as you can see in the pictures below. She makes a really loud sucking noise when she does it--priceless! Our last weight check last week has Meredith weighing in at just under 10 lbs. and just over 23 inches long. I can't believe how fast she's growing. Clothes that she was swimming in just a few weeks ago fit perfectly now. We've had lots of visitors in the last few weeks, including Aunt Erin, Uncle Mike, Aunt Veronica and Uncle Patrick all the way from Virginia. We can't wait to see them all again at Thanksgiving! Aunt Karen came to visit from Florida and Bob and Marilyn were here from Texas. You know we have great friends and family when they're willing to brave late fall in northeast Ohio instead of enjoying the warm weather they're used to at home (I think next time, maybe we'll go to Florida and Texas instead of having them come to us). We feel so lucky to have so many people who love Meredith! I know I've been overdue in posting pictures, so here are a few of my recent favorites:

Mer after bathtime, wearing her favorite pink jammies and sitting on Daddy's lap. She looks a little like Yoda, don't you think?

Mmmm, my fist is delicious!
This is from bathtime last night--it's my new favorite picture. I was washing her hair and she was washing her fist. 
On Saturday before the Notre Dame game--thanks, Ron and Mary!

Meredith's one month picture in her cute moo cow jammies from John and Marcia.
We had our first big snow of the year last night, so Meredith is staying indoors, but the pups have been having lots of fun in the backyard today. It's pretty entertaining and it makes me really happy to think about Meredith back there playing with them someday. We're heading back to the pediatrician for our six week check next week and for a shot (I'm more upset about it than Meredith, but I guess it'll be a good test before she has her big day of shots at eight weeks). Hope everyone is having a great week!
1 comment:
Adorable - the bath picture is my favorite. I love baby-bathtime. C
Post a Comment