This was the phrase heard almost all day around the Rooney house yesterday. Daddy and I are trying to stop cursing, so "crap" is about as racy as it gets around here these days. Yesterday was Meredith bodily fluid-palooza. A quick rundown of our day:
1. "Oh crap" moment one: we've been working on getting Mer to take a bottle so she can eat when I go back to work in January. Daddy and Mer were just sitting down to try a bottle feeding when I headed to the nursery to pump. Two seconds later, a very exasperated Chris and a very wet and angry Mer appeared in the doorway. Apparently, the top of the bottle wasn't screwed on correctly, so when he tipped it towards her so she could start eating, she ended up covered in milk. I must say that seeing your husband and child covered in three ounces of breast milk is slightly amusing. Thankfully, I had pumped enough that we just refilled the bottle and Meredith had the rest of her feeding wearing only a diaper because her jammies were soaked.
2. "Oh crap" moment two: literally! I gave Meredith a bath and got pooped on not once, but twice. Our bathtime routine involves stripping the baby down in her nursery and then taking the naked, screaming child next door to the bathroom. On the way to the tub, she pooped on her blanket and it leaked through to the crib sheet. Those of you who have seen breast fed poop know that it is a little...squirty. Couple that with a screaming child and you can see where I'm going with this. When I took her out of the tub, she pooped on her towel and on the fluffy white rug in our bathroom. You'd think I would've learned the first time, right?
3. "Oh crap" moment three: last night, Meredith slept seven and a half hours. Let me say that again--seven and a half hours!!! She was obviously starving when she woke up, so she ate like a little piggy. Apparently, it was too much, because she threw up all over me, the nursing pillow, the rocking chair...you get the idea. All at 4:3oam. Thankfully, she didn't get herself. I put her in the crib so I could change my clothes and she finished spitting up on yet another clean crib sheet.
So, for those of you counting at home, the casualties were three pairs of jammies (another spit up episode earlier in the day), two crib sheets, a blanket, Daddy's shirt, Mommy's pajamas, a bath towel, a rug and too many burp cloths to count. Hopefully, today will be a little drier for everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment