Sunday, August 26, 2012

What Did You Say?!?!?

I seriously ask that question 15 times a day.  As Meredith and Jack get older and have more to say, the hilarity never stops!  A few examples from our week:
 
--Yesterday, for example, Jack decided to be a big helper.  Both kids have transitioned from their toddler beds to their big kid beds, so we decided it was time to take the cribs down and put their headboards on.  It was a bit emotional going from a three crib house to only having Claire still in one!  Anyway, Meredith yelled from the bathroom that she needed someone to come wipe her, so I jokingly told Jack to go take care of it.  I guess I need to start paying better attention to the jobs I give Jack, because within 30 seconds, I heard a shriek from the bathroom and Mere screamed, "Jack, stop wiping my butt!!!  If you can't poop on the potty, you can't wipe me!"  Thankfully, I made it into the bathroom before he caused himself a big mess. 
--We went to breakfast with our family this morning and when Claire started to cry, Meredith told my cousin, "Don't worry.  Claire is just hungry.  Give her back to my mommy, since we didn't bring any bottles.  She'll take care of it." 
--Jack has started telling knock knock jokes.  Good, because he cracks himself up.  Bad, because no matter the joke, the punchline is always "Poo poo" or "Firetruck".  He also ends most of the things he tells us with "Ha haaa ha!" as if to say "I told you!"
--Claire, not to be forgotten, has started making sounds of her own.  My favorite is her growl.  She sounds just like Jack when he makes a monster noise and saves it for when she's really happy.  
 
Claire is an amazing sleeper and went 12 hours last night.  She's rolling onto her side now and is making progress towards rolling all the way over.  At last check on our scales at home, she was just over 17 pounds and just moved into size three diapers.  Three months has gone so fast! 
 
We have a busy fall coming.  Swimming lessons start for the two older kids in two weeks and Jack has started weekly speech therapy.  He talks like a champ and has no problem with us understanding him, but it gets a little shaky when he's out in the world.  He's been adding a new word every day, so it must be working!  We have to make sure we're not confusing actual progress with what Meredith reports to us.  She says all the time, "Mommy, you'll never believe it!  Jack can say ______!"  Today's words were apple, catastrophe, ridiculous and butt.  Jack pretty much only said butt.
 
Jack and Meredith are still loving their little sister.  Jack likes to sing her songs and gives her kisses on her forehead for no reason.  Meredith is an expert in all things baby-related (and makes sure to tell us daily!) and could probably give her a bath unassisted if we'd let her.  Our other new favorite thing is the iPhone.  Jack has two games all his own that he loves to play.  He knows all of his colors and shapes and is working on his letters.  Meredith has been reading some sight words and has a really neat handwriting app that she loves.  Amazing that they can work the phone better than I can!
 
Some playroom pictures from the past week:
 






No comments: