We've survived our first week as a family of five (actually, almost two weeks). I'm so sad that Chris is going back to work on Monday. We've had a really wonderful week off together. I'm so lucky to have a husband who is such a hands-on dad. We spent lots of time playing in the back yard and even managed to take a trip to Hartville on Thursday. True, it may have taken us twice as long to get ready, but we managed to get everyone out the door and had a great time shopping. Not sure how I'm ever going to do this on my own, but I guess I'll learn! So far, this has been a much smoother transition that I could've ever anticipated. It probably helps that our lives are already chaotic with two kids, so throwing another one into the mix hasn't changed our norm too much. Three kids under four--I still can't believe it! I'm anxious to see how this week goes. The kids are heading back to school on Monday for part of the day (they've been off for two weeks--should be interesting) and Claire and I have a doctor's appointment for my two week checkup. Thankfully, Papa will be along to help us out since I still can't lift the kids. Hopefully, that'll only last for another week.
Claire had her first visit to the pediatrician on Monday. She left the hospital weighing 6 lbs, 12 oz. Four days later, she was back to her birth weight and doing great. We don't have to go back until she's one month old to do shots. That's music to my ears! She has been nursing really well. At birth, we were told that she was slightly tongue-tied and it might affect how she was able to nurse, but it obviously hasn't been an issue. I'm pretty happy to avoid any procedures to have anything clipped or snipped where her tongue is concerned. She has been doing pretty well with sleeping. She had two nights this week where she went five hours between feedings. I don't think I've had that much sleep since I got pregnant!
We had our first attempt at newborn pictures on Friday. It was a flop! Claire was awake the entire time and refused to lay happily. We're going to try again this week with hopefully much better results. I think we managed to get a really cute family picture though, so at least it wasn't a total loss.
Meredith and Jack are still doing great with their new sister. Meredith kisses her all the time and Jack likes to rub her head and make silly faces at her. We're finally starting to get back to our normal bedtime routine for both kids. Watching the three of them together makes me so excited for when Claire gets a little bigger and can actually play with her brother and sister. Meredith and Jack play really well together (90% of the time) and I'm sure Claire will fit right in.
Some pictures from this morning:
 |
| Claire napping in the playroom. Not sure how she sleeps with all of the commotion! |
 |
| "Here Claire. You can cuddle with my bear." |
 |
| Sisters |
 |
| Waiting for Daddy to fill up the water table. They were so excited! |
 |
| Playing in the water |
No comments:
Post a Comment