Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Goin' Tubing

There are no pictures to capture today. Not a memory I wanted to record, even though the day went better than I could've hoped. Today was the day I've been dreading and waiting impatiently for at the same time. As I type this, my baby is asleep upstairs with two matching holes in his ear drums. The surgery for his ear tubes took all of 15 minutes, but I was still a nervous wreck. Thankfully, my dad went with me and since Jack thinks Papa hung the moon, we were in great shape. Jack did pretty well without any food (even though he sucked down two sippy cups of Gatorade in the recovery room) and was much more patient and calm than I was as we waited for the surgery to begin. This is hopefully the beginning of an ear infection-free existance!

The other news in our house is that we have a new family member. Clarence, the big brindle greyhound with a heart of gold, joined our family over the weekend. Uncle Patrick, Aunt Vero and Cousin Ian were there to welcome him too. We had such a wonderful weekend with them! Pictures to come! As for me, I'm heading to bed. It's been a draining day!

No comments: