It's been quite a week, to say the least. We were supposed to have Jack's party on Sunday the 12th. Things were on track until Meredith woke up with the stomach flu. We had to cancel the party because we didn't think it was too festive to have Mere throwing up all over the house. We thought we were in the clear until Jack started on Wednesday. At least everyone was healthy enough for cupcakes on Monday, Jack's actual birthday. His wonderful teachers at daycare made him cupcakes too and had a party for him. As Friday rolled around, I thought we were finally on the right track. I woke up with some stomach pains, but nothing I couldn't handle. By that evening, things had gotten worse, so Chris took me to the ER after we put the kids to bed. Long story short, I had my gallbladder removed on Saturday afternoon. I was home in time to have a very scaled-back birthday party for Jack on Sunday. Thank goodness for my husband and my family. My dad, Chris and our neighbor, Sandy, took care of the kids and everyone made sure the party was effortless for me. I'm going to try to head back to work tomorrow, so wish me luck. Of course, Jack woke up pulling at his ear this morning. Since I can't lift him, my dad took him to the pediatrician, who just called to tell me Jack has an ear infection. We had an appointment on Friday with the ENT to talk about tubes anyway, so now we'll just have a few days of Augmentin under our belts. Oh, and did I mention we leave on Friday for the beach? At least life isn't boring around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment