Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

It's officially Christmas Eve here at the Rooney house and I'm constantly being struck by how different this year is than last. For example, last year, I was insanely miserable with morning sickness and this year, I've got two healthy, beautiful kids (both of whom are napping right now, which makes things even better!). Jack had his RSV shots this morning and we had a wonderful visit from our neighbor, Sandy, who brought presents over for the kids. Meredith fell asleep with one of Jack's presents, but she told me "he happy to share with me, Mommy!" I love watching them together. Jack's eyes light up when Meredith comes near and Mere always has to know where her "baby brother" is. When I picked them both up from daycare the other day, I heard her tell him in the backseat, "Baby Jack, I so happy to see you. I miss you so much today!" Not to be outdone, Jack has been babbling up a storm lately. I was talking to Meredith this morning and he kept talking louder and louder to get my attention. Once I turned and looked at him, he stopped and smiled as if to say, "Now that I have your attention..."

Between our two jobs, we've heard more than our fair share of sad stories this Christmas. This season definitely makes me thankful for all of the blessings in my life and thankful for the baby born so long ago on that very first Christmas. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

No comments: