Monday, August 16, 2010

Shot through the thigh and Mom's to blame...

I've had Bon Jovi playing in my head all morning! Jack had his first day of big shots and he was a champ. He definitely did better than I did! The pediatrician was very happy with how he's developing and growing. Jack weighed in at 14 lbs, 6.5 oz (92nd percentile!!!) and 23 inches long (49th percentile). It cracks me up that my preemie baby is now a giant! The good news is that Jack is growing and thriving. The bad news is that I ordered his Halloween costume today and I'm pretty sure the six month size is going to be too small! Jack is dressing up as a banana and Meredith is going to be a monkey (or maybe Jack will be a monkey, since he'll likely be Meredith's size in another two months!). All in all, it was a successful appointment. Now, we're hanging out at home enjoying a nap and some Tylenol. I can't believe my Mondays with Jack are coming to an end and I'll be back to work four weeks from today! Not so happy to leave my babies.

In other Jack news, he went 5.5 hours between feedings last night--a personal record! Unfortunately, it was from 8:30pm until 2am, so the sleep benefits for us weren't as great as they sound. Our bassinet has a weight limit of 15 lbs, so it looks like Jack will be transitioning to the crib in his room (unless I can convince Chris to dismantle it and move it to our room, which seems unlikely). Mere slept with us until 5 months, so this is something I'm definitely not ready for. I guess it beats the alternative of the bassinet breaking under him. Maybe I'll just move our bed to the nursery. Think Chris will notice?

Meredith is becoming even more of a little mother. Last week, Chris was giving the kids their baths and Jack was crying in his bed. Mere found a blanket and a binky and threw them into his crib. She couldn't reach him, but she knew one of those things would probably make him happy. She had to look through our room and his to find both items--what a good big sister! Papa taught her the difference this weekend between things that are the same and things that are similar. She's been comparing items all weekend and definitely knows what she's talking about.

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: