Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Newborns sure are messy!

A few nights ago, I had my first real experience with Jack peeing on me. He actually hit the book shelf two feet above his changing table. It was impressive! Last night, he went to the next level with bodily fluids. Picture this...2am, I'm half awake and in the nursery to change Jack before feeding him. I had his diaper off and heard a few rumbles, which I caught with the diaper. As I turned around to grab something off the changing table, he let loose with a huge stream of squirty, yucky poop. It covered his blanket, the changing table, the wipes container and the basket that holds all of his lotions, diaper cream, etc. The basket is a good two feet away from where his butt was. Needless to say, that woke me up! I didn't know what to do. Should I wake Chris up and have him help me clean? Do I laugh and figure it out later? All I can say is thank goodness for bleach wipes and a patient baby. Chris got a good laugh at my expense when he woke up this morning!


Not to be outdone, Meredith decided to do color commentary this morning. I was changing Jack before yet another feeding when he started crying. Of course, breast milk started spraying everywhere. Meredith looked at me and said, "Mommy leaking, Mommy leaking". It must've been a memorable experience for her, because she's sharing it with everyone.

I was looking through some old pictures of Meredith and came across a few of her at Jack's age. I can't believe how much these two look alike!



2 comments:

erin-go-blog said...

oh erin, that post is hilarious. Those things will NEVER happen to me. My baby is only peeing/pooping in his diaper. lol

Vero said...

Oh my that it so funny! (and not funny at the same time) :-) I remember being sprayed many times but fortunately haven't experience the poopy explosion! phew