My favorite thing she says these days is "not nice", complete with finger wagging. Pretty much everything we do is "not nice" if it isn't going along with Meredith's program. She tells Philly he is "not nice" when he licks the boo boo on his toe, tells Mia she is "not nice" pretty much for breathing and tells Daddy and Papa they are "not nice" when they tease her. She told Chris the other day "Daddy tease. Not nice". Imagine how hard it is not to laugh at that one! She has also been doing lots of coloring and Mere has gotten really good at knowing her colors. She can tell us pretty much all of her colors and can point out the right colors almost always when we ask her. Her favorite is definitely purple. We've planted purple flowers in the pots on our deck and she has her own purple flower pot that she gets to help water. She picks purple clothes to wear and points out anything purple. It's pretty funny! The hit of the day today was pink, but I think that's because she saw the pink cupcake that was sitting on the counter for her to have after dinner tonight.
We had a scare a few weeks back with my blood pressure, but things seem to be quieting down. I'm definitely more swollen and feel much ickier than I did with Mere, but I guess that goes with the territory with a second pregnancy. Jack has been moving all over the place and growing like a weed. I see the OB pretty much weekly now, so at least I get lots of updates! We scheduled my C-section for Friday, July 9 at 1pm. That means I have less than 55 days to go until we get to meet our little guy.
Here are some pictures of what Meredith has been up to:
Playing with Papa in the backyard--they were running up and down the hill and chasing the beach ball
Mere in her necklace and bracelet. For about two weeks, she wore these all the time. When she got up from a nap, the first thing she'd tell you was "neck-ace" and "bacet". I still have no idea how she remembered! She found these in my jewelry box and claimed them as her own.
Chris and my dad have been making great progress on the playroom. This trash can was full of sawdust. Mere was in the garage with the guys helping and Papa thought she'd like to see what the sawdust felt like. Want to guess how this turned out? It started innocently enough and ended with a really dusty kid. She was so into the sawdust that she took off her shoes so she could walk around and feel it between her toes.
1 comment:
She's so cute...and big! Can't wait to see her again, and Jack of course :)
Post a Comment