I can't believe I've only got 18 weeks to go until Jack is born. Mere, Mimi and I went to the OB this morning and it looks like Baby Jack is right on schedule. His heart rate was good and I'm doing well too. Big sister Meredith wasn't too happy to be at another appointment, but she was a good sport. We bought a new bed for Meredith and Chris set it up in her big girl room over the weekend. We're going to start trying to transition her to the new bed this weekend so we can start getting the nursery ready for baby #2. Should be interesting!
Over the past few weeks, Meredith has really started talking up a storm. She has almost 30 words now. I love having conversations with her! We were reading books before bed last night and she turned to me, patted my chest and said "My mommy" and rested her head on my shoulder. It was such an amazing moment! She also has started saying good morning to the dogs when we come downstairs. She calls them Meez and Bubba (can't say Philly yet) and likes to pat them, throw their toys and give them Milk Bones. When she sees them, she says "Hi Bubba" or "Hi Meez" and waves. So cute! She has also figured out when Chris leaves for work that he's "bye bye" and says "Da bye" throughout the day. She's such a funny girl! The big hit in our house lately is her baby doll. Her baby and her "bop" (blankie) go everywhere with her these days. We've also started reading books about being a big sister and about what babies can and can't do. Papa was visiting over the weekend. At one point, Meredith gave him his hat and sweatshirt and tried to open the door to tell him to go home. She kept saying "Papa bye" and waving. I can't wait to wake up in the morning and see what new thing she's going to do each day!
No comments:
Post a Comment