Sunday, September 20, 2009

Houston, we have a walker!

I have pictures to post, but I wanted to do a quick update about our day before I head to bed.  Meredith and I were in the playroom this afternoon and she took three steps!  I thought I was mistaken until she took two more.  She's been walking like crazy behind her push walker, so I knew we were getting close to her starting to walk by herself.  This totally took me by surprise!  I expected fireworks or music or something dramatic the first time my baby walked on her own.  The only sound I heard was the squeaking of the toy she walked over to.  She was definitely not impressed with herself, so she had no idea why I was cheering and clapping for her.  I'll try to get some video and I'll definitely post pictures soon.  It was an exciting day!

In other exciting news, baby Ian arrived fashionably early on Tuesday.  He was 9 lbs 4 oz and 21.5 inches long.  Aunt Vero, Uncle Patrick and Cousin Ian are all doing really well.  We can't wait to see them (hopefully soon!).  He's such an adorable little guy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I missed my munchkin walking!?!?!?! AGHHHHH!!!!! Give her big hugs and smooches from Aunt Meg!!!! xoxo

Veronica said...

OMG so exciting. What an awesome milestone! :-)